- 2020. Democracy under Siege? Parties, Voters, and Elections after the Great Recession (with Timothy Hellwig and Jack Vowles) Oxford University Press
- 2022. " Why Do Young Men Oppose Gender Quotas? Group Threat and Backlash to Legislative Gender Quotas: Evidence from South Korea ." with Jeong Hyun Kim. Legislative Studies Quarterly 47(4): 991-1021.
- 2022. "Electoral Systems and the Substantive Representation of Marginalized Groups: Evidence from Women's Issue Bills in South Korea ." with Josh Ryan. Political Research Quarterly 75(4): 1065-1078.
- Featured in The Washington Post's Monkey Cage , September 26, 2019
- 2022. "Deservingness Heuristics and Policy Attitudes Toward the Elderly in an Aging Society: Evidence from Japan .” with ByeongHwa Choi. Political Research Quarterly 75(3): 591-606.
- 2022. "How Partisan Politics Influence Government Policies in Response to Ageing Populations." with Kohei Suzuki. Policy & Politics 50(2): 261-281.
- 2020. "Women Leaders and Policy Compliance During a Public Health Crisis " with Nichole M. Bauer and Jeong Hyun Kim. Politics and Gender 16(4): 975-982.
- 2019. "What Money Can Buy: Perceived Economic Security in China" with ByeongHwa Choi. The Journal of Contemporary China 28(118): 630-645.
- 2018. "Types of Labor Market Policy and the Electoral Behavior of Insecure Workers." Electoral Studies 55: 1-10
- 2018. "Economic Competitiveness and Social Policy in Open Economies." International Interactions 44(3): 537-558
- 2017. "Do Higher Government Wages Induce Less Corruption? Cross-country Panel Evidence ." with Weihua An. Journal of Policy Modeling 39 (5) : 809-826
- Featured in various media outlets including Business Insider and KTVL News10
- 2016. "Taking Cues on Multidimensional Issues: The Case of Attitudes towards Immigration." with Timothy Hellwig. West European Politics 39 (4): 710-730
- 2023. "Women’s Representation and the Gendered Impact of COVID-19 in Japan." Japan Decides 2021 (edited by Robert J. Pekkanen, Steven R. Reed, and Daniel M. Smith), Palgrave MacMillan, pp. 289-303.
- "Economic Insecurity and The Impact of Gender Representation on Political Efficacy" Revise & Resubmit
- "Backlash Effects of Covid-19 Containment Policies on Conspiracy Beliefs." with ByeongHwa Choi Revise & Resubmit
- "Collective Narcissism and Generosity" with ByeongHwa Choi Revise & Resubmit
- "Perception of Essential Workers, Racial Prejudice, and Redistributive Preferences." with Jeong Hyun Kim and John Kuk Revise & Resubmit
- "Trade Policy Preferences in an Aging Society: Evidence from Japan." with ByeongHwa Choi Under review
- "Working-class Women and Their Perception of Female Representatives." with Jeong Hyun Kim Under review
- "Social Mobility and Support for the Elderly in Young and Old Societies." with Timothy Hellwig Under review
- "When Sexism Prevails: Gender and Information Environments in Candidate Evaluations." with Woo Chang Kang Manuscript in preparation